If you’re looking for a special and romantic place to elope, then consider Crook Point on the Oregon Coast. This stunning stretch of coastline is a perfect backdrop for a romantic coast elopement. From breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean to the nearby lush greenery of Samuel H Boardman and the Oregon Redwoods, this spot offers something special for couples looking for an intimate and unique experience. Whether you choose to elope or have a small wedding, Crook Point is the perfect place to start a lifetime of memories together.
Why Choose Crook Point for Your Elopement or Small Wedding?
Planning a wedding can be overwhelming. The guest list, the venue, the decor, it can all feel like too much. But what if there was a way to have a beautiful, intimate ceremony and reception without all the stress? That’s where Crook Point on the Oregon Coast comes in.
Crook Point offers a truly unique and romantic setting for your elopement or small wedding. With its breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean and the surrounding lush greenery, this stretch of coastline is a picture-perfect backdrop for your special day. The combination of rugged cliffs, sandy beaches, as well as the homes on their private property that you can rent out, makes this an easy choice.
How to Plan Your Elopement at Crook Point
Planning your elopement at Crook Point on the Oregon Coast is an exciting and special journey. To ensure everything goes smoothly, here are some steps to help you plan your perfect day.
1. Determine Your Vision: Sit down with your partner and discuss your vision for the elopement. Consider the atmosphere, the activities you’d like to do, and the overall experience you want to create. This will help guide your planning process.
2. Set a Budget: Determine how much you are willing to spend on your elopement. Consider expenses such as accommodations, meals, travel, and any additional activities or services you desire. Having a budget in mind will help you make decisions throughout the planning process.
3. Choose Your Date: Consider the season, weather, and availability of vendors when selecting your date. Keep in mind that Crook Point can be busy during peak travel seasons, so booking in advance is recommended.
4. Secure Your Photographer: Research and reach out to adventure elopement photographers. Look for photographers who align with your vision and style. Book them early to ensure they are available on your chosen date. Hi! I’m an elopement photographer who helps with all of the planning. Chat with me here!
5. Explore Accommodation Options: Crook Point has multiple different homes that you can rent out for your elopement or small wedding. All of them are in stunning locations on private property. Byrdies has it’s own private beach, and is perfect as a reception location as it looks over the cliffs at the ocean.
6. Plan Your Ceremony: Determine where you want to have your ceremony at Crook Point. Consider the scenery and your photographer’s recommendations. You won’t need a permit on the Crook Point property and can rest easy knowing no one else will be there, since it’s all private!
7. Enhance Your Experience: Consider adding special touches to your elopement, such as hiring a private chef for a romantic dinner or booking a couple’s spa treatment the day before. These extra details can make your day even more memorable.
The Perfect Setting: Exploring Crook Point and Surrounding Areas
Crook Point on the Oregon Coast offers the perfect setting for your elopement or small wedding, with its breathtaking views and serene atmosphere. But the beauty doesn’t stop at Crook Point itself. Surrounding areas like Samuel H Boardman and the Oregon Redwoods add an extra touch of magic to your special day.
Venture into Samuel H Boardman State Scenic Corridor and discover stunning cliffs, secluded coves, and picturesque beaches. Take a romantic stroll along the shoreline, hand in hand, as the sun sets behind the rugged cliffs.
For nature enthusiasts, the Oregon Redwoods are a must-see. These majestic trees, some over 350 feet tall, provide a stunning backdrop for your elopement photos. Imagine saying your vows surrounded by these ancient giants, creating a sense of awe and wonder.
Capturing the Moment: Working with an Adventure Elopement Photographer
Not only am I here to capture your day, but also to assist you in the planning process. As an elopement photographer, I’ve learned the in’s and out’s of planning small weddings outdoors. I help you find perfect locations, design a timeline, get permits, recommend vendors, and whatever else you need.
Not to mention, I also get to know you. I send out questionnaires for you to answer to understand your vision, and who you are as a couple. This helps me both plan your day, and make you comfortable in front of the camera so you can enjoy your day, and have beautiful photos to remember it forever.
Tips for Making Your Elopement a Success
Planning an elopement can be overwhelming, but with the right tips and guidance, your special day can be a resounding success. Here are some tips to help make your elopement at Crook Point on the Oregon Coast an unforgettable experience:
1. Embrace the Adventure: Remember that your elopement is an opportunity to create a unique and intimate experience. Embrace the sense of adventure and be open to exploring the beautiful surroundings of Crook Point and the Oregon Coast. Allow yourselves to be immersed in the natural beauty and let it guide your emotions and memories.
2. Plan for All Weather Conditions: The weather on the Oregon Coast can be unpredictable, so be prepared for all conditions. Have a backup plan in case of rain or strong winds. Consider bringing extra layers or blankets for warmth and comfort. And most importantly, embrace the elements and let them add to the natural beauty of your day.
3. Incorporate Personal Touches: Make your elopement truly reflective of your relationship by incorporating personal touches. Write your own vows, choose meaningful readings or songs, or include sentimental items in your ceremony. These personal touches will make your elopement feel even more intimate and special.
4. Communicate with Your Photographer: Your elopement photographer is there to capture your special moments, so make sure to communicate your vision and preferences. Discuss your desired photography style, any specific shots you want, and let them know if there are any must-have moments you want them to capture. By working closely with your photographer, you can ensure that your memories are preserved in a way that truly reflects your story.
5. Take Time to Pause and Savor: Amidst the excitement of the day, remember to take moments to pause, savor, and appreciate the beauty of the surroundings and the love you share. Take deep breaths, hold each other close, and allow yourselves to be fully present in the moment. These pauses will create space for deeper connection and will enhance the overall experience.